Saturday, June 09, 2007

Words I treasure...

Steve Waugh had penned an article in the Times of India around the 9/11 attacks' time and when his Australia was steamrolling everyone in the world. The last paragraph of that article were his thoughts on the 9/11 happenings. Been carrying that cut-out in my wallet(s) since 6 years.

Here are his words:

"The recent happenings in America are a catastrophe and put many things into perspective, namely that you must enjoy the moment right in front of you, value your family and see the good in people. So often it is only the negative we hear and obviously things will get worse before they get better in this current situation. Let's hope we can all learn from this and push for a more united world."

Its a para written in typical Steve Waugh style - simple, to the point, real world founded and profound. That's the reason why I find the words so calming and wise. Just like the man who wrote them. (By that logic, if one's writings convey one's persona, I am sure I must come across as utterly confused :). Which I happen to be!!).

Steven Waugh...an exemplary player, leader and human being!! My idol.

1 comment:

Incredibly Indian said...

hmm... I didnt know of its existence.