Saturday, February 09, 2008

Turmeric Latte from Coldworks! ;)

I took my first sick leave of my P&G days this Monday. Was down with a wicked chest congestion, runny nose & a mild fever. Had I spent the day in the Antarctica of the equator that is my office, I'd have been coughing my way to the hospital like an 80-year old!

So, I promptly set-up the following Out of Office note on my email -

Hi guyz,

As I am grappling with almost a Jakarta-esque congestion in my respiratory channels, I won't be in office today.

I am gonna take this opportunity to savor some heady concoctions like Ginger juice, Neem tea & Turmeric latte! Open invitation to one & all who wishes a refreshing drink after a day's hard labor!! ;-).

Have a great day!

Regards,
Harsh Shah

Hehehe...
Am quite proud of the fact that the illness didn't get the better of me this time. I didn't get grumpy or morose at all.

Best part was - colleagues in office actually found it amusing! :).
I hope my spirit stays indomitable & positive always. Amen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

amen :))
live it up horsie :d

Eastertide said...

Hilarious! :))

Amen!

perhaps, this is the dawn of P&Gers coming up with more innovative out of office messages like, "I am currently interviewing with another company and hence will read your email if and only if I return"